The Asian American Action Fund seeks Media Interns for summer 2019 to amplify our online and offline engagement, raise the national profile of issues impacting AAPI communities, and increase the footprint in regions where our network has a presence.
Intern duties will include:
● Managing AAAFund’s social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) under the supervision of the Social Media Manager and creating graphics for social media;
● Writing press releases and drafting monthly newsletters;
● Analyzing and digesting policy issues for multiple audiences;
● Creating and curating content for the AAPI Clearinghouse;
● Participating in weekly Media Team calls and relevant partner meetings;
● Writing original blog posts and memos at the intern’s interest;
● Live-tweeting AAAFund events and/or otherwise contributing to digital organizing systems;
● And executing the vision of the Media Team through other tasks not outlined above.
Successful interns will have:
● Experience in social media management and creating graphics
● Proficient writing skills
● The ability to adapt quickly
● Interest in and/or experience in Asian American Pacific Islander community-building.
This position is funded at 12 hours/week at $15/hour for 8 weeks. Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Social Media Intern” no later than May 10, 2019.
Feel free to reach out to us with any questions. Remote applicants welcome. The Asian American Action Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in hiring and a racially just, equitable and inclusive workplace.